Thursday, January 15, 2009

why thank ye, kind sir.


Awesome tunes from commercials. The advertising powers that be, wrapped up in their tomfoolery and gimmicks and have struck a musical goldmine to win over the young public/ hit home with their target audience. I have found quite a few perfect songs from commercials and here they are:

-Coffee Shop by Landon Pig in A Diamond is Forever commercial
-You're a Wolf by Sea Wolf in a Chevy Malibu commercial
-Creator by Santogold in a budlight lime commercial
-Daydreamin by Lupe Fiasco ft. Jill Scott in and AT&T cell phone commercial
-Rollercoaster by Major Maker in a Maynards commercial (I remember being obsessed with this commercial song and I wanted it so I was really sad when I found out they made the song just for the commercial but due to the excitement about the song they hastily made it into a full-length song that is nowhere near as awesome, at least i'll always have the commercial)
-Remind Me by Royksopp in a geico commercial
-The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car by Troopers in a Tim Horton's Timbit commercial
-Around the Bend by Asteroid Galaxy Tour in a recent itouch commercial/ I love the video for this song! (+ all the other awesome songs that itunes has popularized, CSS' Music is my hot hot sex, Viva la vida, Jerk it out, Flathead, Vertigo, 1 2 3 4, Shut up and let me go -another awesome video, Mis Swing Es Tropical, Passion Pit's Sleepyhead - absolutely awesome)
-Sweet Pea by Amos Lee from an AT&T commercial
-Song 2 by Blur in a really old Budweiser commercial on an airplane (I can't remember the other details)
-That theme song for People's Diamonds where the shadows give each other diamonds
-Breathe by Telepopmusik from a Visa commercial
-Handlebars by Flobots (I saw some commercial in the states, possibly an MTV commercial, but a commercial nonetheless)

Well kids, that's all the commercial tunes I can remember but I must also mention the song White Lies by E.S.T. (Thank you gg, despite how boring your show is when Nate's not on).

No comments: