Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What NOT to listen to...



Hey loverberries, it's been a while. I thought I'd blog for my four friends who read this, Bianca, Tharsha, Tim, and You. Ok so today, I'm not feeling particularly happy, in fact it feels like a particular part of my brain is going to explode. That's what anger feels like for me (seeing as how only 1/4 (i.e. Tharsha) of you know what I'm like when I'm angry). Ok so I'm going to cut to the chase.


First: Music for when you're angry:
My go-to songs are:
AFI's "Death of the Season"
Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name of"
I have a pretty short fuse but I usually calm down after these two. If I haven't calmed down yet, then I listen to T.I.'s "Hurt" feat. Alphamega and Busta Rhymes. If I still haven't calmed down then I've moved on to the emotion of sadness or I will go to sleep.

Some other good angry bands are any screamo like Underoath/Hawthorn Heights/Alexisonfire, but if it's all screaming and you can't sing along, no anger is relieved.
Also angry chick rock like The Cliks' "Dirty King" (actually I love listening to this song when I'm happy too - it's soo good) and even some Paramore (old paramore before Riot.. after Riot is all gumdrops and warm feelings - I love their new stuff more than their old TBH)

Now, the "what not to listen to" segment of our broadcast.
Sometimes when you're angry, or happy, or lonely, there are songs that you hear that just make your situation worse.
Here are some examples:
-Let's start with angry, I hate hearing happy love songs when I'm angry, such as Craig David's "Key to My Heart"
-When I'm lonely "Why Just Be Friends" makes me feel like I'll die alone (lol)
-When I'm happy "Mad World" is a total killjoy
-When I'm sad I hate listening to any bubbly pop like "Party in the USA" (surprisingly great song)
-When I'm feeling old (lol) I hate listening to songs on the radio (because old people always hate the songs on the radio, that's the truth.)
-When I'm nervous about something.. pretty much every song makes me more nervous, that's why I'd rather sit in silence or listen to Daft Punk's "Technologic" (only song that can calm me down)

Lemme just say that (except for when I'm nervous) Dance music is the only kind that always makes me feel good. Just get some David Guetta, Fedde Le Grand, or Deadmau5 up in there maybe some Guru Josh Project, "Infinity 2008", or even kick it back oldschool to some Delerium or even older to Haddaway, Love Inc., or Livin' Joy and everything will be alright.


p.s. Please keep in mind these are all my favourite songs (minus the stuff on the radio).. I just hate them sometimes.



Some awesome songs that need a shoutout:
"Starstrukk" - 3oh!3 feat. Katty Perry
"Memories" - David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi
"Missing You" - David Guetta feat. Novel
"Cocktail Queen" - Deadmau5 feat. Melleefresh
"Ghosts 'n Stuff" - Deadmau5 feat. Rob Swire
"Flat on the Floor" - Carrie Underwood
"Off That" Jay-Z feat. Drake (even though I hate Jay-Z with his stupid "you know why they call a project a project? because it's a project" lyric/ also Empire State of Mind SUCKS - it's so bad, even though I love Alicia Keys)

ALL MUSIC FROM GLEE - best show ever*.



*After Avatar: The Last Airbender, Veronica Mars, and season 1 of Heroes

No comments: