Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Golden Country

Horray Canada!


14 Golds are great but what's even better is the sheer patriotism that flooded Canada that Sunday night. Serendipity hard at work bringing us one of the most incredible hockey games in history (it also didn't hurt that we have the best players in the world). But seriously folks, can we talk about the music? There was some great music these games and it got me thinking. I'm going to list off SOME, 14, of my favourite Canadian musicians.

14. The Canadian Tenors
13. The old Nelly Furtado
12. Billy Talent
11. Drake (what a sexy voice)
10. Alanis Morisette (She looked Gorgeous at the Olympics and her performance was incredible)
9. The Arkelles
8. Classified (O-o-oh Canada)
7. K-os (I was really happy to see K-Os at the Olympics becaue I really think he's a staple of Canada's excellent music scene.. p.s. I saw him live and he's incredible)
6. Sam Roberts (Yum.. you know, I touched his hand once.. we practically made a baby)
5. Celine (It would've been nice to see her perform at the closing.. but I know that's high hopes lol)
4. Metric (It was really hard to pick a song for the link.. so I went with their oldest video.. Succexy)
3. Sarah McLachlan (great singer + favourite movie = no brainer for link)
2. Our Lady Peace (Raine is so effing gorgeous)
1. Nickelback (What a great way to kick off an Olympic Closing Celebration)

Honorable Mentions go to: Rush, soulDecision, Snow, Avril, Alexisonfire, and Shania.. there are so many more but these guys came to mind first. LOVE Canada and its music <3.

No comments: