Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It Hurt's So Good

  So seeing as there's been a musical drought I have been opening my mind to some new music and I have recently stumbled upon a handful of songs that will stand the test of time which I'll be sure to hand over to you in my next blog.

  But! before I get to these musical gifts, I have a confession to make. During the dirty drought of late 2009/early 2010, I allowed myself to listen to a little man I used to love to hate named Adam Lambert. I thought he was an absolute joke when he was on American Idol and was totally turned off when I saw his album artwork. Then I saw the video for For Your Entertainment, and I was hooked. He was like a male Britney. Granted, the song really isn't that good but it got me listening to the rest of the CD and I just love it! Whatya Want From Me, his second single, has been  getting a lot of positive feedback for good reason.. it's sooo fun to sing a long with!

Other songs from his album that I love:

If I Had You
Aftermath (Has a similar tone to whatya want from me; similar to The Fray style but with a little more Umph)
Sleepwalker

If you like If I Had You and For Your Entertainment you might like the following:
Pick U Up (If Miley Cyrus was a boy.. and Selena Gomez wrote the lyrics..)
A Loaded Smile (It's more serious and less Adam Lambert's stage persona)
Sure Fire Winners (Ok.. I KNOW.. I warned you.. It's like Jesse McCartney meets cheesy 90s Pop..)
Soaked (this is totally an 80s pop love song.. I should not love this song but it's a weird combo of the styles of Queen and the Rocky Horror Picture Show)

No comments: